Our 57-acre organic farm is nestled in a beautiful setting in the County of Brant, in southern Ontario between Brantford and Dundas. We are bicycle friendly – located right along the Great Trans Canada Trail with a cycle repair station and picnicshelter along the trail by our farm. We offer Farmstay experiences in our accessible suites or in our glamping huts and camping sites. Our focus: medicinal and edible herbs, salves, lip balms, dried herbs, conservation and farmstay.
The Brantford to Dundas portion of the Trans-Canada Rail Trail passes through the middle of our 57 acre farm. We specialize in growing and wildcrafting medicinal herbs, herbal products, conservation and hosting eco-farm stays and have been farming organically for 17 years. Richard is a retired naturopathic doctor focusing on the cultivation of herbs, medicinal and edible plant walks and the preparation of lip balms, salves, and dried herbs.
Ella grew up on a dairy and poultry farm farm a few fields away from our farm in Langford. She focuses on the rescue and redistribution of organic food, conservation projects (wetlands, tree planting and tree care) and protecting farmland in our community.
We host eco-farmstay (camping, glamping, and wheelchair accessible suites).
Our home is largely off grid and we use an electric tractor which Richard designed. We work to create a welcoming community for migrant farm workers (food drops, English as a Second Language (ESL) and sourcing bikes for them).
It is easy to reach our farm by car or by bicycle. In addition to the Farmstay experiences, guided medicinal plant walks are available on request. There are many attractions within cycling distance from the farm. Make plans to visit, relax and experience Heart’s Content Organic Farm!
- 2006, we started back farming, this time organically on part of Ella’s parents’ farm
- Sold produce at the local farmers markets (Brantford, Ancaster, Dundas, Paris) and through our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). Much of the work was originally done with Belgian workhorses
- 2010 Began caring for the Langford Schoolhouse and co-founded Sustainable Brant (Betterbrant) to protect farmland.
- 2012 Co-founded the Langford Conservancy
- Over the years, we have focused more on growing herbs and making herbal products (salves, lip balms, dried herbs).
- We also harvest local medicinal plants (wildcraft)
- We host bike tours, plant walks, medicinal and edible plant walks and farmstay (accessible furnished suites, glamping huts and camping spots).
- We host workshops on the farm and at the Langford Schoolhouse
- 2018: Richard created (with help) an electric tractor that we use for cultivation and farm tasks
- 2019-23 We started hosting farmstay and now offer 3 options: (furnished suite, furnished glamping hut and camping spot).
- 2022-23 Built a covered shelter along the rail trail by our farm for cyclists and walkers. Brant county provided a bike repair station.