Our 57-acre organic farm is nestled in a beautiful setting in the County of Brant between Brantford and Dundas along the Trans Canada Trail. We sell our produce and products to people from Brantford, Paris, Hamilton and beyond.
We grow a wide variety of heirloom vegetables and herbs, including all of your familar favourites such as: carrots, peas, salad greens, cabbag, tomatoes, zucchini, radish, kale, squash, onions, turnip, pumpkins, eggplant, potatoes, beets, rhubarb, basil, cilantro, mint, and dill. Perhaps you’d like to try something new… we also have ground cherries, tomatillos, arugula, and a whole rainbow of Swiss chard.
HEART'S CONTENT FARMERS HAVE DIVERSE STRENGTHS AND INTERESTS
Our areas of interest and specialization include naturopathic medicine, environmental health, community organizing, wild crafting, fermentation and baking
Through the Langford Conservancy we are working to protect farmland, to foster a welcoming, inclusive sustainable farming community, and to help new farmers access land.
- Started organic farming on family farm
- Began selling at the Brantford Farmers Market
- First year of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Purchased farm from our family and began transitioning it to organic
- Much of the heavy field work was done with Belgian workhorses
- Collaborative work with the Langford Conservancy to make the Langford Schoolhouse a community food hub
- Certified Organic!
- Initiated marketing certified organic wildcrafted herbs
- Helped secure approval and launched the certified kitchen at the Langford Schoolhouse for community use
- Workshops held at the Langford Schoolhouse and at our Farm with topics including fermentation, edible wild plants, mushroom cultivation and medicinal herbs
- Switched from farming with horses to our 100% electric tractor
- Enhancing Farmstay with the creation of 2 new accessible off grid Suites
- Add new Cycle Repair Station